Monique Snyman lives in Pretoria, South Africa, with an adorable Chihuahua that keeps her company and a bloodthirsty lawyer who keeps her sane. She is a full-time author, part-time editor and in-between reviewer of all things entertaining. Her short fiction has been published in a number of small press anthologies. Monique Snyman’s debut horror novel, Muti Nation, is published through Omnium Gatherum Books, and she’s working hard on a couple of other novels in her spare time.
I’ve noticed that the biographical material about me is scattered online, so here are a few facts.
- I was born September 27th, 1988 in Pretoria, South Africa.
- My full name is Monique-Cherié Snyman.
- I wanted to be a politician when I grew up, but I’ve not grown up yet.
- I have an ear for languages. I speak Afrikaans and English fluently, I understand (and read) Dutch, I understand a bit of German, and if you speak really slowly I can understand some other African languages too.
- I have a younger sister named Mona-Lisa, who’s a lawyer.
- I graduated Tuine High School in Pretoria Gardens in 2006.
- I dropped out of the University of Pretoria in 2009 (they called me insubordinate, I called them fascists).
- I currently attend the University of South Africa; studying creative writing and minoring in ancient history and religion.
- I’ve worked as a waitress, sales clerk, call centre agent, secretary, receptionist, editor, ghost writer, marketer, graphic designer, web designer, public relations consultant, and babysitter/nanny.
- I’m gluten intolerant. I’m allergic to bees, wasps and anything else with a stinger. I hate cabbage. I’m deadly scared of heights, large bodies of water, moths, and being forgotten. My sugar intake is limited to cheese cake and wine.
- I am an animal activist, but not a vegetarian.
- My favourite pastime is reading, and picnics. I love picnics!
- 2012, ‘Copiii Naiba (Children of the Damned)’, M. Nord, Zombies: The Other Fright Meat, Norgus Press, Auburn, New York, pp. 49-60.
- 2012, ‘Our Lady of the Resurrected’, L. Perez-Tinics, Code Z: An Undead Hospital Anthology, Knightwatch Press, United Kingdom, pp.179-196.
- 2012, ‘The Loving Wife’, D. Naughton-Shires, Little Stories for the Smallest Room, Knightwatch Press, United Kingdom, pp.168.
- 2013, ‘The Last Son of Olympus’, S. Murdock, Through the Eyes of a Storm, Rainstorm Press, Anza, California, pp. 31-39.
- 2013, Charming Incantations: Enticed, Rainstorm Press, Anza, California.
- Rapino, A.J & Snyman, M 2013, ‘I’ve Got You Under My Skin’, M. Snyman, Roms, Bombs & Zoms, Evil Girlfriend Media, Federal Way, Washington, pp. 275-290.
- 2014, Charming Incantations: Sanguine, Rainstorm Press, Anza, California
- 2015, ‘The Writer’s Purgatory: Between Finishing the First Draft and Submitting the Manuscript’, Joe Mynhardt, Writers on Writing – An Author’s Guide: Volume 1, Crystal Lake Publishing.
- 2016, ‘Tokoloshe’, N. Dorman, Bloody Parchment: Beachfront Starter Home, Good Bones and Other Stories, Crossroad Press, Hertford, North Carolina.
- 2016, Muti Nation, Omnium Gatherum Books, California
Please feel free to contact Monique at firstname.lastname@example.org. She loves hearing from readers!
:: Where you can find Monique Snyman online ::